I came across this recipe on https://www.chowhound.com.
This waffle recipe uses Blue Moon belgian-style ale to create light, fluffy waffles combined with a subtle yeast/blue moon flavor. This recipe is perfect for brunch, breakfast, or dessert!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup blue moon belgian-style wheat ale
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs finely grated orange zest
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, combine eggs, blue moon, milk, butter, vanilla and orange zest.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Fold together ingredients until just combined.
- Prepare batter according to waffle iron directions. Serve warm, garnished with powdered sugar or other desired toppings.